Our dietary requirements change as we age. While we may be told that we should get most of our nutritional requirements from the food we eat, it sometimes isn’t enough. As we reach the ages of 60 and 70, our bodies may find it more difficult to absorb certain vitamins and nutrients. This is why we as a provider of Personal Care in Colorado keep watch of our senior patient’s nutrition.
Other than planning out healthy and nutrient-rich meals, you may want to consult with your healthcare provider for possible supplements you need. As a Home Care Agency, here are some of the common supplements our senior patients take:
- Vitamin B12: This helps reduce the risk of dementia and promotes optimal brain function.
- Omega-3: This provides various benefits, such as better blood flow, improved mood, and enhanced memory.
- Vitamin D: Helps with calcium absorption and reduces chronic pain.
- Protein: To retain healthy muscle mass.
- Probiotics: To ensure healthy good bacteria in your digestive system.
Are you looking for Homemaker Services in Aurora, Colorado to help ensure you are eating healthy meals or are taking your medication on time? Come on over to GENUINE HOME CARE AGENCY. Enjoy your peace of mind knowing that you are getting the care you need.